Friday, 19 September 2014

Hi, I am Jin, a first year student in computer science. It is so exciting that I am actually writing the first blog in my life.
MAIN PART:
    After attending csc165 classes for two weeks, I find this course to be very meaningful to my future career about programming and daily life. This course can make me build the ability to talk and write more rigour and brief in the future which can make me sound like a computer scientist.
    I pretty much understood everything in the class because I studied the course notes before the class began and the professor explained every point with proper examples. 
    However, I felt the part about implication to be very confusing. I cannot understand the sentence structure and meaning very well, since English is my second language, and it is not easy for me to understand a complex sentence. And I predict it will take me a lot of  time in the test if there will be a question asking me to find P(assumption) and Q(conclusion) .
    The part I am very confident with is everything involves symbols, because their meanings are very straightforward, and I have already had them in my brain.
    The most enjoyable part for me is the quiz, I think it is the first 100 percent I get in UT, and it also reflects that I can understand and draw Venn diagrams now.  Moreover, I also have a brand new comprehension of statement and sentence. I used to know these two words but I cannot tell them from one another, and now I know statement should be quantified while sentence is unspecified.  If  we want to make a statement about flowers,  we should tell the audience that which specific flower or flowers we are referring to.
    I think this course not only help me directly on the academic things like programming and math but also can help me improve my English level and logic.
  
   
   






  
    







No comments:

Post a Comment